Re: gEDA-user: http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 17:33 +0200, Christian Treldal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've tried to get the autonumber to work. I read the wiki and found
> following error.
>
> (load (string-append gedadata "/scheme/auto-uref.scm")) ; load the
> autonumbering script
> (add-hook! add-component-hook auto-uref)       ; autonumber when adding a component
> (add-hook! copy-component-hook auto-uref)      ; autonumber when copying a component
>
> Please substitute $YOUR_INSTALL_PATH by the path where geda is installed
>
> I guess that my INSTALL_PATH should go in front of /scheme/...

It might be that the wiki is out of date.

Latest development versions of gEDA have:

(load-from-path "auto-uref.scm")
(add-hook! add-component-hook auto-uref)
(add-hook! copy-component-hook auto-uref)

But I believe you might want:

(load (string-append gedadata "/scheme/auto-uref.scm")) ; load the autonumbering script
(add-hook! add-component-hook auto-uref)       ; autonumber when adding a component
(add-hook! copy-component-hook auto-uref)      ; autonumber when copying a component

verbatim. gedadata should already expand to the installation path, and
it is then joined with the path to the auto-uref script.

Take a look in /usr/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc and see if there is some
commented out code which matches either of the above. If so, use that
text (un-commented) in your gschemrc.

Let us know what works, and what version of gschem / gEDA you have.

Regards,

Peter Clifton