Re: gEDA-user: PCB feature

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 18:18 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > On that note - I think I got the scroll wheel wrong when I added it.
>
> Hmmm... I thought I added that first (to pcb).

Quite probably - I added it to gschem, but I was thinking I should have
copied the GTK / Gnome app convention, as I'm forever mixing that
convention with gschem's in the wrong apps.

> > Most other Gnome / GTK apps use scroll wheel unmodified for up/down,
>
> Eagle does the same as PCB though.  Same direction, too.  Google maps
> zooms the same way.  I think we got it right.

Ok.

> In fact, I keep trying to use the middle button to zoom/pan in other
> applications now, and get frustrated when it doesn't just work :-P

Try Ctrl-scroll-wheel for other GTK apps, its quite common.

I just wounder if our way breaks should the user have a fancier input
device with multi-axis scroll wheels. (I believe they exist)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,