Re: gEDA-user: PCB feature

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 09:04 -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> Karl. wrote:
> if the pcb elements were to be arranged
> > roughly the same as the schematic elements.
>

> > - left-to-right selects all elements completely contained within the
> >   selection box (this seems to be the normal gschem behaviour)
> >
> > - right-to-left selects as above plus anything that crosses the
> >   selection boundary.
>

> > Thanks for reading - I feel better now that I've gibbered  :-)
>
> crystal clear non-gibberish ideas!  And they are close to being implementable even...

If you want it, I can code it at some point. I already broke that
function once recently, so am familiar with where the code is. I also
wondered what the desired behaviour should be.

What do other combinations do...

>From bottom left -> top right?
>From top right -> bottom left?

Is it just the left->right'edness which determines the action?

Anyone _against_ this change?

Regards,

Peter Clifton