Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob

Felix Fujishiro wrote:
. I'm using gschem for custom digital IC
> design, perhaps there's a difference in the way the tool treats MOS
> components and PCB components?  If I remove pin #4 (the substrate/well
> connection) from the MOS symbol, gnetlist spits out a three-terminal device
> instead of a  four-terminal device (which I want).

Try using four pins and the net= attribute.  Then move the pin to be inboard of the symbol outline and/or turn off visibility...
I was not aware of the difference in netlist output...this workaround might fix that.

John Griessen
Ecosensory

PS  Please tell us about your design flow with gEDA for making chips.  What fab?
Which layout tool?  Magic?