Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:43:42PM -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:33:40PM -0700, Felix Fujishiro wrote:
>>
>> I tried to do this by adding the 'net=GND:4' attribute, and that works, but
>> only if pin #4 is visible.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean.  My Altera FLEX board used a chip-shaped
>symbol with all the power and gnd hidden using net= attributes.  There
>are no pins for those anywhere.

I guess I'm not being clear.... I'm using gschem for custom digital IC design, perhaps there's a difference in the way the tool treats MOS components and PCB components?  If I remove pin #4 (the substrate/well connection) from the MOS symbol, gnetlist spits out a three-terminal device instead of a  four-terminal device (which I want).

Thanks for the help.

Felix