Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob (from Vol 15, Issue 25)

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:28:35 -0400
From: al davis < ad151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday 14 August 2007, John Doty wrote:
> If you're not adjusting transistor parameters much you could
> make ? three terminal .SUBCKT models, each containing a
> single transistor, with the substrate connected to a global
> node. Use model-name= (and maybe file=, depending on how you
> organize things) to associate the symbol with the subcircuit.
> The problem here for me would be that I do mixed signal VLSI
> and I'm often tweaking individual transistor parameters (L,
> W, M). In the subcircuit approach, you need a different
> subcircuit for every geometry.

If you are adjusting transistor parameters, you can use gnucap.
You can change them any time with a ".param" statement, and
pass arguments to a .subckt.

On second thought, I decided not to make the single transistors into subcircuits, because of the syntax (names of subcircuits start with an 'X' whereas names of MOS transistors start with an 'M').  Silly to base the decision on this, I know.

If anyone can advise me on how to turn off the visibility of a pin, I would greatly appreciate it!

Felix

Felix