Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob (from Vol 15, Issue 25)

On Aug 15, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Felix Fujishiro wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:28:35 -0400
> From: al davis < ad151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob
> To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Tuesday 14 August 2007, John Doty wrote:
> > If you're not adjusting transistor parameters much you could
> > make ? three terminal .SUBCKT models, each containing a
> > single transistor, with the substrate connected to a global
> > node. Use model-name= (and maybe file=, depending on how you
> > organize things) to associate the symbol with the subcircuit.
> > The problem here for me would be that I do mixed signal VLSI
> > and I'm often tweaking individual transistor parameters (L,
> > W, M). In the subcircuit approach, you need a different
> > subcircuit for every geometry.
>
> If you are adjusting transistor parameters, you can use gnucap.
> You can change them any time with a ".param" statement, and
> pass arguments to a .subckt.
>

> On second thought, I decided not to make the single transistors
> into subcircuits, because of the syntax (names of subcircuits start
> with an 'X' whereas names of MOS transistors start with an 'M').
> Silly to base the decision on this, I know.
>
> If anyone can advise me on how to turn off the visibility of a pin,
> I would greatly appreciate it!

I think an invisible pin would be a short-circuit hazard, even if
possible. I suppose you could hide a pin beneath another pin, with
the red end inward so you're unlikely to accidentally make a
connection to it.

But I'm not sure that thrashing around to make the tool exactly fit
your prejudices is the right way to use a tool. It seems to me better
to just go with its logic rather than fighting it.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx