Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb: Could not find refdes on component...

On Aug 15, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Ben Jackson wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:43:58AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>
>> The right solution is to add a "graphical=1" attribute, to tell
>> gsch2pcb that there's no footprint associated with that.
>
> DJ beat me to it.  I ran into that when I made a custom 'no connect'
> symbol.  I had to scour the source to figure out what it meant.
>
> Actually, a symbol with a 'net=' attribute like a GND should not
> trigger
> the error, but I can see why it would happen with input/output if you
> did not use that technique to name the nets.

Well, maybe. But remember that some symbols with net= attributes *do*
have footprints. Should the lack of a footprint be taken as evidence
that there is none, or that there's a mistake? I suspect silently
ignoring symbols without footprints would be more confusing.
graphical=1 affirms that the lack of a footprint is intentional.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx