Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob

On Aug 14, 2007, at 1:28 PM, al davis wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 August 2007, John Doty wrote:
>> If you're not adjusting transistor parameters much you could
>> make   three terminal .SUBCKT models, each containing a
>> single transistor, with the substrate connected to a global
>> node. Use model-name= (and maybe file=, depending on how you
>> organize things) to associate the symbol with the subcircuit.
>> The problem here for me would be that I do mixed signal VLSI
>> and I'm often tweaking individual transistor parameters (L,
>> W, M). In the subcircuit approach, you need a different
>> subcircuit for every geometry.
>
> If you are adjusting transistor parameters, you can use gnucap.
> You can change them any time with a ".param" statement, and
> pass arguments to a .subckt.

Yeah, but the layout contractor wants Spice netlists as input to
their software: it doesn't have this feature. Since I prefer to
simulate what I submit (to avoid possible errors in translation),
I'll stick with four terminal transistors.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx