gEDA-user: gschem: how to indicate shields, twisted pair?

I've just started to use gEDA.   My initial project includes both PCBs
and interconnect cabling.  In cabling you often have twisted pairs and
shielding that must be indicated, is there some way to indicate this in
gschem?

What I've used in the past:

For shields: An oval representing a shield, surrounding the group of
wires that are enclosed in the shield. A connection from the oval to a
pin on the connector, this is the shield drain wire.

For twisted pair: The connections were drawn as a criss-crossing pair of
wires for part of the way between connections.

Thanks !
--Jim