Re: gEDA-user: Basic questions from a gEDA & Linux noob (replies to Vol15, Issue 24)

John Doty wrote:

> I'll repeat that I think that fighting the tool like this is bad
> form. I see very little burden to making that connection explicit.
> And sometimes you may want to connect the N well to something other
> than Vdd.

There's other ways to look at this kind of a feature request.  It's a request for
encapsulation of detail so you can manage it better -- and in chip design, managing details well
could save you from dead layout, already printed at high cost.

Sure, leaving the red dot exposed to an accidental connection is a negative.  This
can be a workaround the lets Felix explore a method.  If the method is good, maybe
a better way to get such a custom symbol of device plus internal wiring is a change
to the symbol file format, or to the netlister.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory