Re: gEDA-user: look out, sierra proto express changed no-touch pricing

Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 08:31:36PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>> Unfortunately I already purchased the parts so I could ensure footprints
>>> were right...  Sigh.
>> So?  Try either pcb-pool or 4pcb, which offer similar design rules.
>> What size/layer board are you looking at?
>
> 4 layer, about 60sq in.  Connectors along two edges force the area to
> be fairly large.  2 layers isn't really feasible -- I really need a ground
> plane.
>
> 4pcb's board only go to 30 sq in.  I can't get pcb-pool to give me any
> idea what it would cost.
>
> I wouldn't have started working on it if I hadn't identified a supplier.
> I actually started using gschem/PCB because I needed the large board/4layer
> capability.  In the time it took to get up to speed with gEDA, looks like
> my project was cancelled.

I've only used them for their basic proto service which is 2 layers, but
I've been really happy in the past with APCircuits.  They do have a
4,6,8, and 10 layer capability.  I just haven't used those flows.  You
can probably get pricing straight from their web site.

-Dan