Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Easy way to auto route different size traces ?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:13:08PM -0600, armdeveloper wrote:
> I've got some big fat power traces on my PCB.  Is there an easy way to
> identify some traces as different sizes from the rest when autorouting ?

I'd be very wary of autorouted power/gnd except on really low-speed
designs.  I'd autoroute to get an idea of what the autorouter wants
to do, and then rip it all up, hand route the gnd/vcc so as not to
completely derail the autorouter, and then autoroute the remaining
nets.

Alternatively, consider flooding the top with GND and the bottom with
VCC (using the rectangle tool to make the floods and the thermal tool
to connect them to vias).  I've got an example up at:

	http://ad7gd.net/flex/

You can see in some places how I've chosen my routing to try to keep
the fills as connected as possible.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>