Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Easy way to auto route different size traces ?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:36:17PM -0600, armdeveloper wrote:
> Half my traces are big power and the other half are signal.  I'd like
> PCB to take a first crack at routing the fat traces.  Is there an easy
> way to do that ?  It is going to take forever to hand draw the fat
> traces.

I was intimidated by hand routing too, until one day I had a board I knew
could be routed in a home-etchable way (PGA package needing all escapes
from the bottom).  I couldn't get Eagle to autoroute it how I wanted.
I ended up doing the whole board by hand in far less time than I'd spent
screwing around with the autorouter.

I don't think anyone here can seriously advise you to autoroute 20A
traces...  You should be placing the connectors and components involved
with those current paths carefully so that the actual routing is dead
easy (and preferably short!).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>