Re: gEDA-user: Easy way to explode an element ?

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 00:20 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:29:44 -0600, armdeveloper wrote:
>
> >  Now I would like to "explode" that element and move the pins
> > so that they are 5mm apart.  Is there an easy way to do this ?
> >
> > Is it possible at all ?
>
> Yes.
> This is my preferred way to derive new footprints from existing ones.
> You'll find the necessary tools in the Buffer menu.
>
> 1) Select the element
> 2) Do "Cut selection to buffer"
> 3) Do "Break buffer elements into pieces". Pads will mutate to lines.
> 4) Left-mouse-click on the canvas to place the "exploded" footprint
> 5) Do your edits
> 6) Select the footprint again
> 7) Do "Cut selection to buffer"
> 8) Do "Convert buffer to element"
> 9) choose buffer tool and left-mouse-click on the canvas to place the
> edited footprint. Pads are round now.
> 10) place the mouse over every pad and press "n" to restore the pad names
> that were lost during the conversion process.

I've got a problem here.   I restore the pad names and all, but if I re
optimize the rats nest it doesn't connect any traces to the element.
What am I doing wrong ?  Do I now have to hand route it ?  Or is there a
way to get PCB to include it in the rats nest ?