Re: gEDA-user: interesting links

quote........

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Not because of "religious grounds", but rather back when the
> code base was first written, the C++ compiler was simply not
> up to snuff and the C++ binding for GTK+ were non-existant or
> quite poor.

I recall some discussions on this here list that indicate that
it has become religious, even though it wasn't initially.

C++ was designed so you can make a gradual transition from C.
You start by fixing certain issues like "this".  Then start
using the extra features.  It's a good excuse for a clean-up
pass.

Early code in a predecessor to gnucap was written ratfor, later
converted to C, still later converted to C++.  I made the
transition to C at the best time.  I waited too long to make
the transition to C++.