Re: gEDA-user: C++ (was Re: interesting links)

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 :

inheritance
       3: (genetics) attributes acquired via biological heredity from
          the parents [syn: hereditary pattern]

>From Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary :
  Bastard
     In the Old Testament the rendering of the Hebrew word _mamzer'_,
     which means "polluted." In Deut. 23:2, it occurs in the ordinary
     sense of illegitimate offspring. In Zech. 9:6, the word is used
     in the sense of foreigner. From the history of Jephthah we learn
     that there were bastard offspring among the Jews (Judg. 11:1-7).
     In Heb. 12:8, the word (Gr. nothoi) is used in its ordinary
     sense, and denotes those who do not share the privileges of
     God's children.

and mobius suggests that the words "half blood, half-breed" are good substitutes for the word bastard.

Steve Meier