Re: gEDA-user: alarm clock boards are in!

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:26:35 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Wow, you're fast to reply :-).
>
> Yeah, they chain me to this keyboard and make me type for food.

LOL, I have the same feeling every day:-) and they throw peanuts toward
me also.

> > actually I thought that PCB always had very nice defaults that PCB
> > fabs accept in general. I have experience in a different package
> > *couch PADS* with CAM jobs and I always find it a pain to set a
> > proper one up that fills my needs. OTOH a CAM job manager which
> > installs with sensible defaults would be very nice. Until that day a
> > few extra checkboxes in the export dialogs would work too (i.e. for
> > your issue to draw outlines on the soldermask).
>
> Our support for dialog boxes is a bit too general to expand much that
> way; the postscript one is already pretty big.

I have been thinking about that some time ago as I experienced the
postscript exporter is too tall for my laptop screen. Maybe it would be
nice to have some additional HID element types that could be used to
layout the dialog boxes instead of putting them in one big list. I.e. you
could group options in tabs or a seperaty rows. For the text based HIDS
you could just ignore those kind of HID elements.
Never got around to implement such a thing, but would it be an option?

Regards,

Hans

$ cat .sig /dev/null