Re: gEDA-user: refdes_renum anomaly

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:08 PM, gene <carzrgr8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a bug in refdes_renum.  I think it will modify a refdes even
though there's no question mark at the end.  It appears to not update if
the final character is a number.  I noticed this on in-1.sym and
out-2.sym since they use the refdes attribute to bring the signals in
through the hierarchy.

For example using "refdes_renum --pgskip 100 some_schem.sch":
Example 1:
before:
 refdes = bob?
after
 refdes = bob101

Example 2:
before
 refdes = bob1
after
 refdes = bob1

Example 3:
before:
  refdes = bob
after:
  refdes = bob101

Example 3 isn't correct.

I am not sure if I have the most recent version of refdes_renum (20070221 distribution)
but it has the same behavior.

Lines 88-92 ---

    $pre = $line;
    $pre =~ s/^refdes=//;
    my $suf = $1;

For refdes = "bob" $1 is undefined. In the conditional that follows
there probably should be an
} elsif (!defined $suf) {
    print OUTNET "refdes=$pre\n";
} ...