Re: gEDA-user: refdes_renum anomaly

John Luciani wrote:

> I am not sure if I have the most recent version of refdes_renum
> (20070221 distribution)
> but it has the same behavior.
>
> Lines 88-92 ---
>
>     $pre = $line;
>     $pre =~ s/^refdes=//;
>     $pre =~ s/([0-9\?])*$//;
>     my $suf = $1;
>
> For refdes = "bob" $1 is undefined. In the conditional that follows
> there probably should be an
> } elsif (!defined $suf) {
>     print OUTNET "refdes=$pre\n";
> } ...

Hi John,

I can't find that same code.  My version of GAF is 1.4.0.  If I try to
run "refdes_renum --version" it responds with an error:

/home/gene/geda-install/bin/refdes_renum line 380, <PROG> line 3.
/home/gene/geda-install/bin/refdes_renum line 380, <PROG> line 3.
refdes_renum (/home/gene/geda-install/bin/refdes_renum):  Version ,

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about perl.  Searching the code
reveals a similar segment beginning at line 104.