Re: gEDA-user: Using Gerbv

> I want to use gerbv to print a layout to a pdf file.

Use acroread or xpdf to print out pdf files.

> Also, is making a home made two-sided board the same as DJ's one
> sided but ironing both solder masks on their respective sides?

Assuming you meant etch masks...

Almost.  You can't iron on side two with a laminator if side one is
laminated and peeled, because it remelts and sticks to either the
rollers or whatever paper you "protected" it with.  Three basic

1. Pre-drill two holes in opposite corners, poke holes in the toner
   prints, and use pins or wire to line the prints up with the holes.
   Hard to hold these in place while laminating; might be best to tack
   it down with a clothes iron first.  Since the same holes are used
   for both sides, it lines up the sides.  Once both sides are tacked
   on and/or laminated, soak off the papers.

2. Etch one side completely, having covered the other side with tape
   or paint to protect it.  Drill the through holes.  Protect the
   first side while you etch the second side.

3. Print both side masks on the same paper, with a gap between them
   the same as the pcb thickness.  Carefully wrap the paper around the
   board and laminate.

I used #1 when I did TT.  For photomasks it works even better, since
you can see through the transparency.  I actually have a footprint
called "target" that's specially designed for my process - it has a
crosshair of ink (it's a negative print) about 1 mil thick that I line
up with 13 mil target holes.