Re: gEDA-user: Using Gerbv

> I want to use gerbv to print a layout to a pdf file.  I can't find any
> manual for how to do this.  How do I use garbv to print out to a .pdf file?

1.  Make sure you have gerbv-2.0.1 or later.

2.  Make sure your version of gerbv was compiled with cairo enabled.
You can find this out by lookoing at the "render" pull down in the
left-hand layer window.  If you have "normal" and "high-quality"
rendering options, then you have cairo.

3a.  Run gerbv.  Inside the GUI, import the files you want to
transform.  Do file ->  export -> pdf.

-- or --

3b.  From the command line, do "gerbv --export=pdf <gerber
filename>".  Then resulting Gerber file is saved as output.pdf.

Cheers,

Stuart