Re: gEDA-user: gschem 1.4.0 crashing while editing symbol attributes

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 12:49 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 13:39 +0200, Christoph Lechner wrote:
>

> > Just found out that it's even easier to crash it.
> >
> > Just place a resistor, delete the contents of the value field in the
> > "Edit Attributes" window (just as above). Then with the text field still
> > having the focus click some other window on the screen (for exampe a
> > shell window)
>
> Yep ;)
>
> I checked the validator on resistor too.

Ok, my analysis was wrong - the validator is working, that was a bug in
the git HEAD branch. I see the Gtk-Warning too on my box, but in
versions prior to GTK2.10, this is followed by an assertion which aborts
the program. I'll see if we can avoid tripping over it.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,