Re: gEDA-user: Howto get a layout print with part numbers/values?

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 03:14:01PM +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> To display the values rather than refdes at each component, choose from
> the menu (I assume, you use the GTK-GUI):
> 	View -> Displayed_Element_Name -> Value
>
> This setting affects the Postscript output too. If I want to populate a
> board, I do two postscript outputs. One with refdes and another one with
> values activated. BTW, I'd love to see a way to avoid this tedious double
> printing.

Thanks, that worked pretty well.  Easier than working from the drawing
with component names and cross referencing it as I place 'em, anyway!

The best "hack it myself" thought I'd had was to take the .xy file,
which contains all the component names and value strings as well as
placements and rotation, and generate output - postscript, I guess -
with the values placed accordingly.  It would be a bit schematic,
especially where the mark isn't body centered, which is most of the
components here (leaded).  I was also dubious about how much time I'd
save overall doing it that way.  :-/

--
One discharges fancy homunculi from one's scheme
by organizing armies of idiots to do the work.  -- Dennett