gEDA-user: messed up ratsnest- help me understand

   I have added tracks and vias through a .cmd file filled with sections
   like this:
   selectlayer(component)
   mode(line)
   cursor(warp, 4222, 934, mils)
   mode(notify)
   cursor(warp, -209, -209, mils)
   mode(notify)
   cursor(warp, -364, 0, mils)
   mode(notify)
   cursor(warp, -48, 48, mils)
   mode(notify)
   mode(cancel)
   Note that selectlayer was modified to accept layer names instead of
   just numbers.  It adds all the tracks and vias but the ratsnest turns
   to gibberish and a lot of pins and pads turn orange.  But when I look
   at all the tracks and nets closely, they seem to connect to the right
   places, and the netlist window shows the correct pins in each net.
   Please open this file and suggest what might be going on.
   Thanks,
   Josh