Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg (why live CD wouldn't work)

Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM, evan foss<evanfoss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> This could all be solved by making a live USB key with a fat32
>> partition to transfer files between windows and linux on.
>
> Booting a LiveCD of any flavor in some companies is grounds for getting
> fired.  "Its the IT way or the highway" usually to the detriment of the company
> in the long term.

I hadn't thought about that before somehow... yes, starting up a liveCD
in "the office" where IT rules rule would be like injecting a virus in the corporate culture!
Still, I do hear some of that going on -- must be in small renegade groups though.

Thanks for the other programming thoughts.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX