Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna - short circuit

Tamas Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to design a small ZigBee board with integrated PCB antanna. I
> already made it, however I have a problem. Since all part of the antenna
> lines consist of pads, it seems to be a short circuit between the
> terminals - ie. it always has an orange color.
>
> Is there a way to workaround this matter somehow?

The way I would handle this is  with a makefile driven pcb layout.  An intermediate output
can be  the circuit with a nonfunctional, but non-shorting antenna symbol and footprint version --
put a gap in it that still lets most clearances be checked with DRCs.  And also create
the good final version with a schematic and netlist made from a separate good-final symbol of the antenna
fully functional and "shorted".  For a project named system3_radio.sch name the intermediate schematics, netlists and .pcb files
with names like: system3_radio-antenna-check.sch system3_radio-antenna-check.net system3_radio-antenna-check.pcb etc.

When you run make a script you write creates system3_radio-antenna-check.sch from system3_radio.sch by substituting symbol anme
only, then
runs gnetlist to generate a netlist --> system3_radio-antenna-check.net
then gsch2pcb is run on each version

Hmm...  at this point I need to actually write this idea up and test since it might hit snags.
PCB might need to be closed to let gsch2pcb run as they are now...

To let gsch2pcb run and update an open instance of PCB would be a nice feature...

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX