Re: gEDA-user: pcb: Strange problem with gerber export

Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your locale was Russian. PCB output aperture sizes as 0,025 instead of 0.025.

This is a perfect example why I consider the whole concept of locales
and i18n to be a diabolical abomination.  Whoever invented these evil
things should be taken out and shot as an enemy of the People, and in
the meantime everyone ought to abstain from using these things as a
universal protest.

I generally prefer to use non-POSIX UNIX systems such as V7 or 4.3BSD
that don't have any i18n/locale abominations in the first place, but
when I'm forced to use a POSIX-pandering system such as Linux I always
make sure the locale is set to C.

I also always configure my timezone to GMT/UTC as a matter of principle,
being an internationalist.

Programletarians of all countries, unite!

MS