Re: gEDA-user: can't plot time on x axis with KJWave

   > Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:04:53 -0600
   > From: Mark Johnson <mrj001@xxxxxxx>
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: can't plot time on x axis with KJWave (Mark
   > Johnson)
   >
   > KURT PETERS wrote:
   > > > Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:05:03 -0600
   > > > From: Mark Johnson <mrj001@xxxxxxx>
   > > > Subject: gEDA-user: can't plot time on x axis with KJWave
   > > >
   > > > I've been trying to get a plot of a transient analysis with KJ
   > > Waves.
   > > > I've gotten the analysis to run. When the "Select Axis
   Variables"
   > > > window appears, time is not an option under X axis. I can only
   plot
   > > the
   > > > output I chose prior to the simulation - on both x- and y-axes.
   > > > Needless to say, this doesn't help me much.
   > > >
   > > > I'm using version 1.1.3 of KJ Waves, recently downloaded, and
   > > version
   > > > 6u12 of the Java Runtime (included as part of the JDK).
   > > >
   > > > Can anyone help?
   > > >
   > > > Mark Johnson
   > > Mark,
   > > Can you post the first few lines (which should be in red) in your
   > > KJWaves netlist?
   > > What I'd be looking for is to ensure you indeed are asking ngspice
   for
   > > a transient analysis and what variables you're asking it to store.
   > > Kurt
   > >
   > Here it is:
   > * gnetlist -g spice-sdb -o test3h.net test3.sch
   > .TRAN 10.0U 10.0M 10.0U 10.0U
   > .SAVE V(Vout)
   > .OPT NOPAGE NOMOD
   > .WIDTH OUT=133
   >
   > I'm assuming that ngspice automatically will save the time as it
   does
   > for .print. I'm using rework 19 of ngspice.
   >
   > Mark
   Mark,
      I would not assume that.
      To determine whether that's the problem, how about trying to
   comment the '.SAVE' statement out once and see if time shows up?  It
   might create a gargantuan file depending on how much you're
   simulating, but I think KJWaves can handle pretty big files.

      I also notice that you use the .TRAN with a start time and a TMAX
   time.  I'm not sure you might want to use those initially.  If the
   above doesn't give you a "time" selection, how about trying the .TRAN
   statement with only the "typical" TSTEP and TSTOP times specified?
   Kurt