Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna - short circuit

Tamas Szabo wrote:
  Since all part of the antenna
> lines consist of pads, it seems to be a short circuit between the
> terminals

I looked at your footprint and it has three terminals and a keep out zone
in silkscreen.  It's a shame to toss it out -- you could just ignore the DRC errors, placing it last
and expecting the error it generates and accepting that for now.

We need a way to deal with that behavior in pcb for antennas.

Who likes my idea of assigning all same terminal numbers when using antennas?
I think that is a reasonable method, since you always are considering an antenna
as "custom analog" that you check closely.  Putting a printed wiring antenna in wrong way around is
chances like "slim and none".

Will any ability to treat layout zones as a component
naturally come along with the layer and via stack changes in pcb slated for the Linux Fund
upgrades?

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX