Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna - short circuit

Hi all,

I've been reading this thread with great interest, as I have been bit by this problem before.  One thing I have seen done in the past in other pcb layout software is to define the antenna component footprint as just 2 pins (one signal, one ground) of the smallest size possible on the copper layer and a convenient spacing.  Then use an additional layer that is not currently set to the same layer group as the component or solder layer to draw the antenna structure (e.g. an antenna layer).   Once it looks good you add that layer to the list of layers taped out in the gerber file.

In PCB terminology I believe you would change the layer group of this "shadow" layer if I understand correctly.

I have also seen this used for solder / cut-here style jumpers.

Regards,

--Neil.