Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 10:01:30 -0600, John Doty wrote:

>> 2. We need to provide a migration path -- in and out.
>>

>> Gnucap works fine, but there is a problem with the geda interface.
>> Does anyone want to help?
>
> What's the problem you perceive?

The most obvious obstacle in the migration path is the lack of conversion
tools. There is no way to go to and from other EDA suites that play in
the same league (eagle, kicad, protel98).

In the context of the slashdot article: Gschem does not interface very
well with gnucap. There is no student-proof to just simulate a section of
a schematic. Instead, it takes a rather tedious procedure just to get the
response of a LC filter.

> The other common complaint that comes
> from that direction is that gEDA is a toolkit, not an integrated tool
> (but I say Hurray!).

Carthaginem esse delendam?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--