Re: gEDA-user: Yet another netlister

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 10:16:07 -0600, John Doty wrote:

> Just about any language works "naturally" on Unix these days,

Not quite. C can draw on a host of system functions and libs that no
other environtment variables, inter process communication via dbus and
the various ways to interact with the system logs are just some of them.
This infrastructure is one of the reasons why there are special obstacles
when building geda/pcb for windows.

> For me that's not the issue: the issue is that you're putting yet
> another gnetlist behavior out of reach of back end control.

You mean, the behavior of a netlister should depend on the order of
components in the *.sch file?  Please give an example if you seriously
think so.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak