Re: gEDA-user: Yet another netlister

On Aug 1, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 11:17:10 +0100, r wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit puzzled that all of you tend to choose C/C++ for
>> implementing
>> your tools.
>
> like ist, or not, C is the lingua franca of computer science. I
> have yet
> to meet an IT professional, who has never written any C code. In
> addition, C is the natural programming language of a unix-like system.

Just about any language works "naturally" on Unix these days, the
exceptions being proprietary languages that aren't on the table here
anyway.

> Installing a build environment is a no-brainer in these times of
> software
> distros. Not too long ago, the preferred way to distribute geda and
> friends was by source and build locally.

For me that's not the issue: the issue is that you're putting yet
another gnetlist behavior out of reach of back end control. There are
too many of those already.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx