Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

On Aug 9, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:09:01 -0600, John Doty wrote:
>
>>> The most obvious obstacle in the migration path is the lack of
>>> conversion
>>> tools.
>>
>> With the exception of the flow from gschem to layout in another
>> suite,
>> which works radically well.
>
> This is not conversion, but a work flow partially in geda,
> partially in
> some other suite. As nice as it is,

Name another tool that can do this as easily and flexibly as gEDA.

If we take gEDA's strengths for granted, we will lose them.

> it does not make the switch to and
> from geda any easier. The missing feature is the ability to import and
> export symbols, schematics, footprints and layouts to and from other
> suites.

So we need even greater flexibility. Less hard-wired, fewer barriers
to arbitrary transformations.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx