Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:55 PM, John Griessen wrote:

> John Doty wrote:

>>> Isn't that was the whole gnetlist package *is* though?
>>>

>> At a certain level it is. That's its strength.
> .
> .
> .
>  Maybe a missing
>> ingredient is a Makefile creator.
>
> I like this idea a lot.  It's a helpful bit of code that also
> instructs
> people on a best practice if they open it up and read the comments or
> follow a link about make files that go beyond the makefile-creator-
> scripts.

getting to my backlog of geda emails....

A makefile include that included common rules would go a long way with
making makefiles easier.

include /usr/share/gEDA/gEDA.mk

where gEDA.mk has

%.pcb : %.gproj   # or whatever the mime extension we used for project
files are supposed to be.
	gschem2pcb blah blah.......

%.png : %.pcb
	$(PCB) $(PNG_MODE_OPTIONS) $< --outfile $@