gEDA-user: Would like to use geda tools to make .dxf file for pcb cnc milling.

I am sorry if this is a redundant request/question.

I am currently building a cnc machine on which I would like to mill pcb's.

Others have worked out a tool chain using eagle:
http://pminmo.com/millingpcbs/milledpcb.htm

Is there any interest in a Geda-based alternative? Could it be
gschem--pcb/dxf(export) or gschem--pcb--gerbv/dxf(export)? The dxf file
would be an outline of all the traces and pads. The traces and pads
would be 'islands' that the cnc machine would mill around.

Here, is the tool chain I have tried to get working without success.
1. From pcb I export gerber files.
2. I load a gerber file in gerbv and export it as a pdf
3. I load the pdf in inkscape and save as a dxf file.

However, when I view the dxf file in qcad or any other cad or cam
program, the strokes and objects from inkscape are split into two
incomplete and offset images, and the pcb traces are lines with no
thickness. Inkscape is turning all strokes(pcb traces) into lines in the
dxf file.

In inkscape, if I go through the very cumbersome process of individually
selecting each stroke(trace) with the 'Edit paths by nodes(F2)' tool,
and select 'Path>Stroke to Path' and then combine all the edited paths
and objects using 'Path>Union' I can get a dxf file that is an outline
of the traces and pads. However, inkscape often adds a little bulge to
the end of each stroke. So, it is not a perfect outline. This also takes
way too long on anything other than the most simple pcb artwork. So, I
am stumped.

Any interest in adding the dxf export feature to pcb or gerbv? It seems
to me that cnc milling of pcb's is becoming viable as a homeshop
alternative to all of the other standard methods of fabricating pcb's.

Thanks,
Dave