gEDA-user: future standard symbols and footprints on octopart

   I asked octopart if they could decide a standard format for symbols
   and footprints.  What would be a good common format?  Are there any
   industry text formats for this?  Any thoughts?
   Hi Josh
   Thanks for your email!
   Adding symbols and footprints to search results is definitely high on
   our priority list. Lately we've been concentrating on adding
   parametric data to make our search better but hopefully we can switch
   focus to footprints soon. Then we can tackle the standardization
   problem! Do you have any thoughts on what are the best formats to use
   and the best sources for the data?
   Best,
   Andres
   ---