Re: gEDA-user: PANGO FONTS MERGED: Call for testing

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 11:28 +0400, Ineiev wrote:
> On 8/17/09, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just merged the pango font stuff to git HEAD.
>
> Thank you! it even shows Cyrillics. I think now I'll be able to
> suggest gEDA in my workplaces (the normocontrol requires Russian texts
> on the schematics).
>
> What about different typefaces? can I somehow select a font?

If you wanted to give it a try with a different font, edit
gschem/src/o_text.c and edit the #define at the top:

At line 40, there are the two options I played with on my machine:

#if 1
# define FONT_NAME "Arial"
#else
# define FONT_NAME "Helvetica"
#endif

I was hesitant to put in config options to change the default font just
yet, as until cairo printing is done, we won't be able to guarantee
correct printing in the same font as displayed on screen.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,