Re: gEDA-user: Turning off gerber Poly Fill for square pads

On Thursday 20 August 2009 02:42:03 pm Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 02:28:53PM -0700, Thomas Olson wrote:
> > I am using pcb-20081128-4.1.
> >
> > All the devices that have square pads on pin 1 when exported
> > to gerber are using Polygon Fills G36-G37.
> >
> > How can I turn off Polygon Fills for square pads and
> > get back to using Rectangle Aperatures for square pads?
>
> I don't know anything about the root of your problem, but the easiest
> way to avoid a problem with square pads would be to edit the pads to
> make them 1 wider or longer so they are no longer square (of course
> they'll only be out of square by .00001").

The issue is that isolations programs like CopperCAM and GCAM
ignore the G36 G37 commands and thus draw the pad as 4 traces
in a sqaure shape and then isolating the inside of the pad because
it thinks they are traces.

They draw those four lines using the last defined aperature so the
pad ends up being too large besides.