Re: gEDA-user: Turning off gerber Poly Fill for square pads

On Friday 21 August 2009 12:00:48 am Stefan Petersen wrote:
> Thomas Olson wrote:
> > These aren't really board etching houses in the traditional sense.
> >
> > I am referring to trace isolation programs. These allow you
> > to route your board out on a CNC machine run by the likes
> > of EMC for Linux. Gnu CAM (GCAM) for Linux, and CopperCAM
> > (for money program) for windoze.
>
> Hello Thomas.
>
> Maybe I go out on a limb here, there is a program called pcb2gcode at
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pcb2gcode/index.php?title=Main_Page
> that takes Gerber (despite it's name) and generate g-codes. It uses
> libgerbv (gerber parsing part of gerbv) as backend, so hopefully it
> handles all the gerber that gerbv handles (ie all).
>
> Haven't tried it though, found it three days ago and I am interested in
> a user report on it.
>
> Thanks,
> /Stefan

I've been beating on that one for two weeks. It has the problem also.
However, he has a trunk version which looks to implement G36, if I could ever
get it to compile. It uses a newer version of Cairo than what is available
for SuSE 11.0. I am in the middle of upgrading to SuSE 11.1 which has
the required version of Cairo. We'll see.

If anyone is interested pcb2gcode is derived from gerbertogcode for windoze
and it doesn't work either.

The one that works is pcb-gcode-3.3.3. However, that is a ULP module for
Eagle, not PCB.