Re: gEDA-user: Hiding the menu bar in gschem

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 11:09 +0200, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> Hello
>
> i searched through docs, ml, config files and googled but could not find
> out how to disable the menu bar in gschem. i mean the one with the
> icons of the most used actions like new file, load/save, undo etc.
> it was nice to have the first 5 minutes, but after getting familiar
> with gschem it just wastes space.
> thanks!

You'll have to edit the sources and recompile..

Try x_menu.c, in the x_window_create_main() function, try commenting out
the line near the bottom:

~ line 219:

    gtk_widget_show (root_menu);

Hmm, perhaps that won't work....

In x_window.c, ~ line 526, there is:

  gtk_widget_show_all (w_current->main_window);

Which may re-show these items. Perhaps add after it:

  gtk_widget_hide (w_current->menubar);

You'll notice that I'm suggesting hiding the menu, rather than not
creating it in the first place. This "should" cause less problems than
not creating it, as various pieces of code will try to change the
sensitivity of menu items - and thus, will require they exist.

Good luck,
--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,