Re: gEDA-user: pcb: experience with import-schaematics

> I found that unlike gsch2pcb import did not remove footprints of deleted
> components from the existing layout. Is this deliberate? Or is it just a
> feature to be?

Deliberate.  All elements that shouldn't be there are selected, so you
can hit "Delete" to delete them, or not.

> If I changed a symbol in gschem with the multi attribute editor and saved
> without unselecting the just edited component, this component would not
> update in the layout.

If the footprint name doesn't change, the footprint isn't updated.
The value and description are just updated in the existing footprint.

> And it is time for praise: The import feature is really nice. Thank
> you for coding!

You're welcome!