Re: gEDA-user: Bourns 3386P footprint

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, kai-martin knaak wrote:

David Griffith wrote:

I think I got it right, but would someone please double-check this
footprint for a Bourns 3386P trimpot for me?  See

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/david_griffith/footprints/POT_BOURNS_3386P.fp

* The position of pins looks ok. Their numbers differ from the numbers in the data sheet. Is this deliberate?

Yes, I think I flipped 1 and 3 by accident.

* I'd make the annular ring larger to facilitate manual soldering. 80 mils seems like a decent size to me. If the annular ring is a handicap for the layout, they con be shrunken as needed.

Okay, a few presses of 'S'...

* The outline of your footprint is a bit larger than the real component.

I just crudely rounded up to the nearest 0.05".  How does it look now?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx