Re: gEDA-user: Commercial CAD, land pattern generators report

On Friday 13 August 2010, Armin Faltl wrote:
> I can't give an example on the intricacies of GPL v3 of the
> top of my head, but wanted to write the following to RFS
> regarding putting libraries under GPL instead of LGPL:
> "I want to contribute or give away what I want to and keep
>  my own what I want to keep and if this is not possible with
> a GPL-license on my own library liked to my own app, I just
> won't use GPL!"

I don't know who "RFS" is but any license you grant for your own
code applies only to those to whom you grant the license.

If you write some code, and it's yours, you can license it any
way you want.  If you make it available for download under GPL,
this does not prevent you from granting any other license to
anyone, as you choose.  There is no requirement that you assign
the copyright.