Re: gEDA-user: GPL-v3 for Open CAD

To make this point clear to get companies like IBM to support GPL V3
they had to put in clauses that excepted them from the IP rules.

Also see this clause
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License#Compatibility_and_multi-licensing

you cant link a GPL v3 library into non GPL v3 work.... this is bull.

I am a stonch proponent of open software, but when the licence makes
inroads to invalidate the authors rights that are not part of the
software they developed....  It's going tooo far.

I support licenses like BSD, Apachee, Apple open software, GPL V2 and
MIT, and other permissive licenses.

If you want to licence something as GPL v3 you need do a dual release
with a closed license like QT is dual licensed.  Cause frankly no sane
business with any IP should develop GPL V3 code.

Steve