Re: gEDA-user: GPL-v3 for Open CAD

John Griessen wrote:
al davis wrote:
On Friday 13 August 2010, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
can you give an example, please?

Under GPL-3 you can't make a contribution that applies one of your own patents, then sue the users of the package for patent infringement.

Sounds OK for openness so far.  What else?

yup, that's not so bad - what I find bad is, that he's trying to force GPL on all the libs, he thinks he's got the power to do. gnu libc he thinks is not a candidate,
since there are too many other libc's.

I'm happy with this, from the moment on, RFS pays all my bills and of course all
the bills I might have, from that moment on ;-)