Re: gEDA-user: DRC rule structure

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> The string value would support the wildcards ? and * for single- and
> multi- character matching. I don't think more wildcards (or a full regex
> engine, for that matter) would be necessary, and would certainly slow the
> thing down.

Please make regexp matching optional. It may slow things down when applied
by default. But it can be extremely powerful in special cases. How about
some kind of escape syntax for regexp matching. Say, {{foobar}}  means, that
foobar should be treated as a regular expression.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: