Re: gEDA-user: Honey, I shrunk the schematic

Rick Collins wrote:

> Why do you need to use any standard sizes on a computer?  Using
> Orcad, I start with a size that I have chosen as my "standard" and if
> I end up needing a bit more room for a given page, I just bump up the
> dimensions a nudge while keeping the same aspect ratio.

In gschem you are not even bound to nudges. My default title block is
deliberately just that -- a title block with no fixed frame.
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols/titleblock/title-block.sym
If I want a frame for printing, I just draw a rectangle that fits the
schematic. BTW, this title block features predefined attributes for
the whole schematic. These can be changed from within the GUI like
any other attribute.

> but I don't think I've printed a schematic on paper in two years.

I find printed copies indispensable when working with other people.
Nothing beats the flexibility of good old pencil sketches.

> Can't TinyCAD work with arbitrary page sizes?

TinyCAD?

---<)kaimartin(>---
PS: Does this mail render fine with your mail client?
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211