gEDA-user: Gerbv Zoom for Measurements

I am using Gerbv 2.4.0 under Vista and the zoom seems limited. It will only zoom in to a certain point which is not really detailed enough to make measurements. I am trying to verify that the solder mask is wide enough that it will be preserved when added to the board. It can be hard to tell the difference between 3 mil and 4 mil with any degree of accuracy.

Do all versions of this software have this limitation? Is this something that is going to be addressed?

Rick